What to expect
The pre-build process is one of the most exciting stages in the homebuilding journey – it’s time to start turning your dream home into a reality.
However, as you’ll be making some crucial decisions, the process can seem a little daunting.
With years of experience in bringing beautiful homes to life, we’ve got the knowledge and understanding to assist you every step of the way. Even if it’s just to put your mind at ease, we’re only a phone call away.
We’ve broken down the Creative Homes pre-build process below to give you a better understanding of what to expect before you begin.
Once on-site, the paperwork begins to pay off as you start to see your home take shape. While building your new dream home, your contact point will be our dedicated construction manager or building support co-ordinator.
Here’s what to expect from the on-site phase of your build.
THE FIRST STEPS
- Come in for an initial consultation
- Decide which area you want to build in
- Speak to a broker/bank and organise pre-approved finance
- Set a budget for land and a budget and for the build
POST FINANCE AND LOCATION DECISION
- If you have land already – we will do a free site assessment
- If you don’t have land – you can select from one of our blocks or house & land packages
- Review our designs and choose one that best fits your needs, keeping in mind that we can
tailor a design to suit your needs and budget
- Pay $2,500 deposit (for a single dwelling
POST INITIAL DEPOSIT
- We will order the soil report and full contours and detailed survey for your block of land
- Together we will finalise your house design – this is where you make any changes to the
plans and choose the internal specifications
- CHH will complete full documentation of the design for council approval and construction
- We will organise kitchen plans, joinery plans and electrical plans
- You will be provided with the HIA contract for review and signing
- Our sales consultant will walk you through the contract
- The contract will include all the plans, specifications and the estimated construction price and any upgrade allowances you have selected to include
- Pay the balance of the deposit
- Settle on the land (if purchasing it through us)
WE DO IT ALL FOR YOU
FINAL STAGES OF PRE-CONSTRUCTION
We’re ready to build!